While some of the products I review on my site are furnished for the purpose of review all of my reviews are truthful, honest, and my sincere opinion.

Friday, July 6, 2012

My First Diamond Candle

So I got a deal from Plum District the other day for a Diamond Candle. I've been trying to win one of these for weeks and just haven't had any luck so I decided it was a great deal and I snatched it up! I sell candles for a living and figured in the name of "research" I'd try a Diamond Candle and compare it to one of my company's candles. Purely for research right?

If you haven't heard of Diamond Candles they are soy jar candles and each candle has a ring inside of it. The rings can be anywhere from $10 to $5000. They come in amazing and yummy sounding scents too! Check out their website for more info about the company.

Well guess what came in the mail today!


I purchased the Pomegranate Lemonade and I've had it lit for about 20 mins. now and the smell is wonderful! It's got my whole back room smelling like lemonade :-) And its not an over powering scent. Just enough to know it's there. 

I am going to be "good" and not dig for the ring - but I considered it! I lit it so that I won't have the urge, I don't want to get burned right? The wax is pliable enough that I think I could easily get to the ring - but patience is a virtue.... So I took a picture of where the ring is in the candle - It's pretty close to the top so I shouldn't have to wait too long, right? Wish they didn't put that sticker there. I'd love to be able to see the ring before it comes out, but then I wouldn't be able to resist digging!

I've never burned soy candles before. The company I sell for sells soy candles, I've just never burned one. So I'm not sure how long it will take to burn down. I hope it's not too long anticipation is killing me - I see why people dig! I want to see what ring I got!!! 

The candle burns pretty well so far. It's burning pretty evenly, even with all the air circulating in my house (fans and air conditioning). The flame is a little big - I wouldn't burn it near a wall or curtains, but hopefully you wouldn't burn a jar candle near a wall and any candle near a curtain anyway. 

So far I'm pretty happy with my candle. I'll update with a picture of the ring once I get to it. Maybe later tonight (cross your fingers). Compared to the candles I sell it's a pretty good candle. The burn is even and it fills the room with fragrance. Like I said though I've never burned our soy, so I can't compare it. It's like comparing a Red Delicious to a Granny Smith. They're both apples, just different kinds (pure soy and our blend). I'll have to see how clean the jar is when I get done with the candle (I'll do an update on that too). That's one of my favorite things about the candles I sell is that there's little "waste" left in the jar after the candle is done.

But I'm pretty happy with it. I won't be replacing all my candles with Diamond Candles, but I'll be buying more for sure!

For purchasing this candle I got a $5 off coupon that I can share with friends so they can try these wonderful candles also. To get $5 off your candle use this link: http://curebit.com/x/ygAA8

If you'd like, I do have a giveaway going on for a Diamond Candle right now. Plus I'm working on getting more! 

I'll update when I get my ring out - cross your fingers I get lucky and get a $5000 candle! 


Leave me a comment and let me know if you've ever tried one of these candles and what you think of them! I've read a ton of reviews, but I'd like to get one of my reader's opinion on them.

No comments: