While some of the products I review on my site are furnished for the purpose of review all of my reviews are truthful, honest, and my sincere opinion.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Birthday and Happy 4th of July!

So my niece is lucky enough to have been born on the 4th of July. I used to say she's going to grow up thinking all those fireworks are for her!

So I have to say Happy Birthday Kenzi! Aunt Jenn Loves You - Hope you have an amazing day!

And to everyone else Happy 4th of July!


This was from my sister's wedding earlier this year. Kenzi is the flower girl on the end - isn't she a doll!

But today she's getting another year older and I was thinking about how in my head she'll always be the cute little four year old girl with dirt on her face and her "Twirly" dresses on. My other niece M (the last on the right) is a few years older then Kenzi and I don't do the same thing with M. Their brother the little Devil - I see as a little boy, but since he is a little boy I guess that's ok, as he grows up I wonder if I'll do the same to him. With M I see her growing up and being an adult and having her own family someday. But the older Kenzi gets the more surprised I am that she's not that four year old girl anymore. I can't ever see Kenzi as an adult, I can't even see her as a teenager!

I know everyone grows up and I'll always love Kenzi - but how did she get so big? When did that happen and why wasn't I made aware of it? I live about an hour away from them and I don't get to see them nearly as often as I'd like to - and I thought maybe that had something to do with it, but then wouldn't I do the same thing with M and the little Devil? So that can't be it. I wish I knew what it was. My baby sister (the bride above) has people tell her all the time that she's still 6 years old to them and while she takes it in stride I'm sure at this point in her life she'd like to be seen as an adult and not a 6 year old girl. So how can I keep myself from doing the same thing to Kenzi?

Is there anyone in your life that you won't ever be able to see other than what they were as a little kid? What age did they "stop" growing up for you and what age are they now?


No comments: