While some of the products I review on my site are furnished for the purpose of review all of my reviews are truthful, honest, and my sincere opinion.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Product Review: L'Oreal EverSleek Sulfate Free Smoothing System

I received these samples in the mail the other day. They were not provide with the expectation of review.



There were three pieces to this sample: Intense Smoothing Shampoo, Intense Smoothing Conditioner, and Humidity Defying Leave-In Creme. I have only tried the shampoo and conditioner.

The products all smell really good. I don't like perfume, but I like to smell good so I am particular about the smells of my soaps and hair care products. These had a floral smell to them. They didn't have a strong scent, and they didn't smell like chemicals. Just a nice subtle scent.

The shampoo wasn't all that great. The first time I used it I my hair didn't really feel all that clean. Even before I put the conditioner in I still felt like it was oily. So I repeated and it was a bit better but not much. The shampoo didn't lather a ton, and I LOVE when my shampoo has a nice lather. The second time I used it it was the same, not really that clean after the first rinse and since I didn't have any more I ended up rewashing with my normal shampoo.

But the conditioner I LOVED!! I have very oily hair and so I normally don't use conditioner in the shower. I use a leave on spray once I get out. When I do use conditioner in the shower I use a very light conditioner and I still have to spray my hair to get a brush through it. That was not the case with this conditioner. It wasn't really thick and it got rid of all the tangles without having to use a spray in afterward and my hair was so soft when it dried. The next day my hair wasn't any more oily than usual, so that's a good thing.

So it's a mixed review for this. The shampoo not so much, but the conditioner was awesome! It's a bit pricey, (I'm a couponer, so spending $6 on shampoo or conditioner is not something I would do) but if I have the coupons I would absolutely buy the conditioner.

No comments: