While some of the products I review on my site are furnished for the purpose of review all of my reviews are truthful, honest, and my sincere opinion.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Procrastinating.....

Ok, I should be doing homework right now, but I can't keep my mind focused.

I've been doing a lot of reading lately, LOTS of reading. In the last month I've finished:
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
The Way I am by Eminem
Nights of Rain and Stars by Maeve Binchy
Goodbye Picasso by David Douglas Duncan

They were all fairly decent books, you can read my reviews here: Goodreads

That doesn't count the knitting books that I've also been able to get my hands on.

I've also been going crazy on PaperbackSwap.com I've requested like 4 books over the weekend. Hopefully I'll get them this week. Oh BTW if you want to join PaperbackSwap.com please list me as your referral my screen name is: JennMarie68

I think that site is great. I've got a huge list of books that I want, and it seems to keep growing. So far I don't have a lot listed. I did just find out where my Friends of the Library book sale is so the next sale date (in January) I should have some more things to post. After I read them of course.

I've been doing a lot of Christmas Knitting also. I just finished a doily for my cousin, but I forgot to take a picture before I wrapped it.... I got all the pieces of my stuffed animals done now I just need to get the fiber fill and put them together. Then I'm getting closer to being done with Grandpa's lap blanket. I also started working on the scarfs for the women in my family. Hopefully they won't take too long and I'll be able to get the hats for the men done before Christmas... (There's only 11 days, but I'll stay hopeful!!!)

I got a Christmas present from my mom last week. I finally got a set of Knit Picks interchangeable needles. So far I LOVE them. Other than my size 11 needle had something in it, that prevented it from being put on the cables, I've had no problems. And they sent me out a replacement so I should be getting it soon. I really don't need the 11's right now so I don't see that it will cause a problem. I also got a chart keeper, which is already come in very handy. I think I'm going to use that more than I thought I would. I need to get some stronger magnets though, if I jostle the holder too much the magnets move. But I think a trip to the dollar store will fix that.

I made a scarf for my sister and then realized that I was going to make her a scarf with my Grandma's yarn so I think I'm going to keep it. It turned out a lot nicer than I thought it would. I just used some fun fur and some TLC Macaroon (that I've had forever, it was part of my first ever yarn splurge).

I'm going to try and take pictures tonight of some of the recent stuff that I've finished. So there may be a second post tonight... But I guess I have to get back to doing my homework

No comments: